Together with our partners, West Bay was able to accomplish great things on a tight budget in the 2014-2015 school year.
- Provided a safe environment, academic assistance, and meals to approximately 35 students daily for free.
- Organized a Peace March against SoMa community violence on September 9, 2014 with more than 100 people in attendance.
- Introduced the new West Bay Vow that summarizes all that West Bay wants to achieve with our programs and our clients.
- Distributed healthy food to senior citizens and their families weekly during the K3 Seniors Program.
- Launched our second year of the Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) program called STEM Learning Community with partners Techbridge and the City of San Francisco.
- Received $17,000 in grant funding from PG&E!
- Had record-breaking high attendance for both our Back-to-School Night and October Parent Night.
- Collaborated with friends from Victoria Manalo Draves park to have a Movie Night in September.
- Had our second Distinguished Citizens Awards on October 25, 2014 at USF’s Lone Mountain Campus to honor select community leaders and fundraise for our youth programs.
Many more accomplishments to come throughout this 2014-2015 year!
West Bay Testimonial
From K3 Seniors Program Attendees:
Luzon Yide Guzman – “I simply enjoy coming here at West Bay. This is a good place for the elderly. There’s a lot of thing to know and talking to people near us is terrific, as most elderly are forgetful.”
Maria S. De La Cruz – “I’m happy at West Bay because by being with other seniors, I’ve learned more about how to deal with problems. Good people and good friends. I’m happy at West Bay.”
Edgar Abiera – “West Bay is the best place to go every Thursday. It’s a Filipino seniors and non-seniors gathering that relaxes us for two to three hours on Thursdays. It’s amazing!!”
Felix Damil – “West Bay is a very good place for seniors, adults and all ages. The program is very beneficial. You meet all the good people who make you feel at home. You enjoy as you learn. West Bay invites speakers to talk on health, legal matters, etc.”